We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Working as part of the SSD Product Development Engineering team, the Interface Product Development Firmware Engineer will be responsible for the design of firmware used in WDC SSD products. The ideal candidate will possess relevant experience with embedded firmware development and a demonstrated track record of innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Firmware Development Engineer analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software.
- Troubleshoots code for firmware (IC embedded code) applications.
- Work often involves analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
- Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high level languages (e.g., C,
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 0-5 years of development experience
- Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design.
- Experience working with real time embedded firmware, experience developing (design,implementation, debug) of real time "C" code
- Excellent analytical skills
- Analyzing software defects, identifying root cause, and implementing corrective actions
- Structured programming
- Experience using code development tools (emulators, trace, version control, compilers, and linkers)
- Masters in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 3 or more years of development experience
- Knowledge of data storage systems
- HDD or SSD interface experience (NVMe, SATA, SAS) or NAND Management
- Software performance analysis and optimization
- Bug tracking software such as Jira or SBM
- Protocol Analyzers (PCIe, SATA, SAS) and Logic Analyzers
- Assembly language programming (ARM)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.