We are about creating a personal cloud experience that seamlessly pulls all of your content together (pictures, music, video, documents) into your personal device and makes it available on any screen, any place and any time. A key part of the platform is our REST API which powers all of our mobile, web and desktop experiences. We are looking for a highly motivated engineer to join this critical core team.
- Enhance and build first party applications that run on our Android platform. These allow customers to sync their content with external cloud providers and social networks.
- Evangelize the platform with internal and external developers.
- Build client SDK on top of our REST API and supplement with documentation and integration samples
- Work closely with key external partners and assist them with seamless app integrations into our SDK.
- Identify issues facing app developers, and work with our Platform developers to improve API and SDK.
- #LI RZ2
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of Java and 2+ years of Android apps development experience.
- Experience in developing on consumer devices powered by Android
- Experience in using and building REST API services and SDKs
- Good knowledge of Android Framework internals
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in web development frameworks like Angular and React, HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience in using C and C++ system libraries in Android app with NDK
- 1+ year experience in a developer-relations role that puts you in direct contact with external partners
- Ability to juggle several tasks and innate sense of how to prioritize work.
- Self-Starter and ability to take ownership and accountability on day 1.
- Applications published to Google Play, Github contributions
- Experience with profiling Android apps
- Knowledge of 3rd party libraries like Dagger2 and Retrofit2