- The successful candidate will have an Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Physics (or a Masters in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Physics). 3 or more years of experience working with embedded firmware, experience developing (design, implementation, debug) of code.
- Expert level in C programming.
- Two or more years experience with storage systems.
- Three years or more embedded firmware experience; including debugging using JTAG-based debuggers.
- Understanding of RISC microprocessors; including interrupts scheduling and optimization. Prior product development experience with at least two embedded microprocessors such as PowerPC, ARC, ARM, Tensillica, or equivalent.
- Solid knowledge in and practical experience with boot-loader and bring-up firmware architecture for RISC based platform.
- Demonstrated experience developing software using structured methodologies, including but not limited to: requirements analysis and capture, design documentation, source code management tools, and defect tracking tools.
- Good communication skills and ability to succinctly describe and summarize highly technical firmware and/or system challenges.
- Strong engineering aptitude for electronic/electrical systems, including ability to understand schematics as necessary for software/hardware integration.
- Experience in storage systems and SSD
- Knowledge of memory controllers and memory systems (DDR3/4)
- Experience with Toggle or ONFI Flash memory technology
- Solid skills with one or more scripting language such as Perl or Python.
- Working knowledge of digital hardware design. Knowledge of Verilog a plus
- Perform failure analysis by using storage interface bus analyzer and digital scope, identifying the issues, duplicating the problems, and resolving the issues with corrective actions
- Teamwork, good communication skills and openness.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills coupled with attention to detail and enthusiasm for a right first time approach.
Ability to read, write and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and emails in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal customers and other employees of the organization.