• Global support and manages function at the site level and serves as a strong tactical decision-maker, handling unforeseen issues.
• Administers policy changes that have an effect on employees within the site.
• Diploma in Engineering discipline or Supply Chain Management is preferred
• Minimum 2 years of general procurement experience in manufacturing environment.
• Possess Effective communications, negotiations and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of Purchasing, Materials Logistics, Business/Contract Law, Finance and Accounting.
• Plan and Procure Electronics/Electro-Mechanical components on PCBA.
• Works under the guidance of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Singapore, Pte. Ltd. worldwide production procurement teams.
• Interface with component suppliers/EMS on strategic supply issues affecting supplier and/or Hitachi Global Storage Technologies operations globally.
• Responsible for establishing, executing and tracking of project plans within specific areas of responsibility.
• Develop buffer inventory program with key suppliers including close monitoring of buffer position, WIP and new materials loading to support the Master Schedule
• Monitor replenishment process with suppliers, manage backlogs and shortage allocation policies to optimize product mix
• Monitor supply chain performance, ie. Allocation, Master Plan, Physical Flow and Intervene as required to optimize performance
• Responsible for EOL Mgmt and Inventory Control.
• Maintain a strong relationship with suppliers/EMS
• Work closely with Global Commodity Manager (GCM) to ensure compliances of prices and allocation strategies
• May participate in procurement activities in support of multiple business units.
• Monitors industry to maintain awareness of current practices and market trend.
• Performs low to moderate risk/complexity supplier evaluations and selections.
• Assists in supplier evaluations and selections of a moderately complex nature.
• May work under the direction of more senior representatives.
• Supports the buy-sell model of components between Suppliers, Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) and WD.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Material Management, Purchasing and any other related filed .
- 2-3 years of related working experience in purchasing.
- Strong in communication & negotiation skills .