We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assign, delegate and administrate daily activities to Commodity Manager and below
- To set measurable targets to rate suppliers’ performance.
- To set-up, maintain & manage Sourcing/ Capacity Planning / Policies & procedures
- To ensure quarterly cost reduction to meet or better than projected R6Q Outlook
- To conduct & support vendor sourcing, selection, recommendation
- To work with Director in providing Commodity Strategy Update to management
- To promote & maintain general discipline and high morale within WW Department.
- To ensure subordinates perform to preset expectations & company’s objectives.
- To lead, supervise and motivate subordinates to achieve companies and / or departmental goals & objectives.
- To ensure proper management of E & O and EOL products.
- To ensure support of VMI, JIT, Buffer Planning
- To ensure / support on new products transfer to be effectively executed.
- To plan subordinates career path with emphasis on training & development needs
- To maintain good communication with suppliers
- To liaise with Finance Department to manage BCP and Cost Outlook
- To plan VRT requirement and provide VRT spending for monitoring and control
- To manage an contract agreement with supplier
- To manage ERM and BCP at supplier base
- To assist Compliance team in adhering to EICC, Conflict Mineral and others regulatory requirement
- To adhere to Safety Policy Procedure at all times
- Generate ad-hoc reports as requested by management from time to time.
- Liaise with IT Department on ERP systems with Procurement team
- Interact with all levels within WDM functional groups in a close loop manner; eg ; Engineering, Quality Manufacturing, Finance, HR ,Facilities, Security, Shipping, Warehouse , PC & IT, etc
- Ensure commonality/standardization among same process/system within related manufacturing sites
- To set supplier allocation in aligning to commodity strategy. A items commodities needs to have further review with Director in setting supplier allocation
- To approve VRT requirement to secure sufficient capacity (Per agreed VRT standard cost)
- To approve VRT Payment Authorization upon 4-way matching completed
- To hire suitable candidates for positions that report to him/her.
- Authorize to handle subordinate’s performance appraisal.
- A Bachelor Degree or Higher with minimum 10 years of
related experience of which 3 - 4 years in a Disk Drive environment and/or
senior managerial position.
- Demonstrate good English communication skill (verbal /
- Possess good leadership and management skills for both
internal team and suppliers
- Commodity management, planning, sourcing and category
- Strong listening, communication, interpersonal and
relational skills to develop a good relationship within the organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work
collaboratively in a team environment
Deployed by the most
prominent organizations worldwide, industry-leading WD-branded hard drives
(HDDs), solid state drives (SSDs) and personal storage solutions deliver the
possibilities of data and high value from the information they possess. WD,
SanDisk, HGST and G-Technology branded solutions position Western Digital
Corporation as the world’s largest data storage company.