We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Review and institute compliance of purchasing policies and procedures within the Purchasing organization and in accordance with company-wide policies and procedures.
- Review and approve purchase orders and requisitions.
- Supervise controls on receipts and acknowledgment of materials and supplies and the maintenance of purchasing records.
- Cooperate with other departments to ensure smooth flow of materials.
- Cooperate and communicate with Manufacturing, Materials, Production Control and Engineering, to insure tactical management of materials is consistent with requirements.
- Visit Supply Partners and associated plants to investigate facilities, capacity, business capability and quality control measures.
- Facilitate standard procurement practices.
- Establish, manage and track adherence to functional performance metrics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in procurement/purchasing or related field, and/or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Must possess communication and leadership abilities to supervise personnel in a fast-paced dynamic environment while obtaining maximum efficiency/effectiveness of the organization
- Industry/Professional certification preferred
- Understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes
- Proficient in ERP applications, Microsoft Office
- Appraise employee performance and recommend wage and salary increases, promotions, disciplines, and terminations within the department
- Demonstrate a good level of English
proficiency (written / verbal)
- Strong listening, communication,
interpersonal and relational skills to develop a good relationship within the
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
and work collaboratively in a team environment
Deployed by the most
prominent organizations worldwide, industry-leading WD-branded hard drives
(HDDs), solid state drives (SSDs) and personal storage solutions deliver the
possibilities of data and high value from the information they possess. WD,
SanDisk, HGST and G-Technology branded solutions position Western Digital
Corporation as the world’s largest data storage company.