We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Director, Executive Communications will design and execute highly impactful communications programs for our senior leaders. This individual will be responsible for a corporate speakers’ bureau, development of keynote presentations, blogs/bylines and other social engagement for the company’s C-level executives. He/she will lead and participate on cross-functional teams to plan, coordinate and deliver thought leadership campaigns in partnership with peers inside and outside Corporate Marketing. This individual will serve as a strategic communications advisor and must have a strong executive presence and consultative approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare tailored executive communications platforms for each of our senior executives; develop speeches, blogs/bylines, videos, keynote presentations and related communications.
- Partner with Corporate Marketing & Communications to ensure executive messaging is clear and concise, on-brand and aligned with company goals.
- Own outreach/placement of speakers at targeted events globally; coordinate our presence with event organizers, global agency teams and Western Digital in-region partners.
- Cultivate relationships with key technology, business and financial reporters, and other key influencers.
- Provide strategic communications support and training to C-level leaders.
- Work with the leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions.
- Manage agency relationships to ensure highest level of performance and results.
- Monitor and evaluate communications effectiveness, utilizing advanced metrics and reporting, and adjust strategy and approach as needed.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field of study. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 15+ years related professional experience (e.g. PR/IR, public policy, issues management) and a demonstrated record of success in a similar role at a multibillion dollar company.
- Outstanding media relations skills and existing relationships with top-tier technology, business and financial reporters.
- Proven ability to proactively build relationships with top-tier technology, business and financial reporters.
- Outstanding judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Skilled at using social channels and other new media technologies to drive awareness and preference for the Western Digital brand.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with and advise the company’s senior leadership team and staff.
- Strong operational and budgetary skills and expertise.
- Team player with excellent listening skills and diplomacy.
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What you can expect from us:
Everywhere data lives, we create environments for data to thrive. That starts with creating a culture where you can thrive—one that supports you, challenges you and surrounds you with opportunity. We foster that culture by celebrating the values and behaviors we expect all employees to demonstrate.
We think big. We have the courage to ask “What if?” and “Why not?” We see beyond the here and now, and ahead to future possibilities.
We make it happen. We see challenges as opportunities and tackle them with optimism. With a relentless focus on execution and outcomes, we deliver excellence for customers and each other.
We do it together. We embrace different perspectives, drawing expertise from across our businesses to deliver stronger solutions. We win by building strong partnerships with each other, our customers and our communities.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.