We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Searching for a Director of Digital Technology who will manage, develop, and implement solutions for our consumer facing websites. The Director of Digital Technology is a critical resource with the organization, and will own the full technology stack that supports our digital products.
We require a digital technology expert who leads by example. Managing resources and working side-by-side with the team as an active participant: defining processes, developing architecture, and resolving process and technology conflicts. You will be responsible for implementing marketing strategies and governance across various teams. You will work with a diverse set of resources consisting of a mix of internal and external developers, project managers, and business stakeholders to implement scalable solutions. Your goal is to iteratively improve our existing products, and launch new digital products and marketing technologies.
This position is ideal for someone who is currently managing development for a large consumer facing content site, and is ready to take the next step up to taking complete ownership, developing a portfolio of sites and marketing services. The location of this position can be in either Milpitas or Irvine, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Translate product and business goals into marketing strategy and roadmap
• Build strategic relationships with key technology and business leaders to ensure success
• Lead planning, execution, and delivery of large cross-functional marketing operation initiatives
• Partner and engage with various cross functional teams like product management, process, project and program management, Ad Tech platforms, Distribution partners, Lead-Gen, LMS etc and technology teams etc
• Collection of business and systems requirements from multiple stakeholders, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch
• Delivery of Marketing initiatives in an iterative, agile, and fast-paced environment
• Lead the plan and strategy for adoption of digital analytics within the organization including real-time and historical traffic tracking, reporting, and recommend use of analytics information for digital monetization models and revenue generation
• Act as valued partner and liaison with internal teams such as editorial, marketing, sales, channel, IT and operations.
• Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning
• Lead efforts to resolve key project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Hands-on development experience with digital media publishing and content management systems, specifically AEM, and Drupal
- Digital advertising and revenue systems including header-bidding technologies, DFP, GPT, and native ad serving technologies.
- Application development in an iterative, agile, and fast-paced environment
- Application architecture and Hosting and Ops Infrastructure specifically for high volume, large scale content sites including AWS, CDN, etc.
- Digital audience analytics including real-time and historical traffic reporting as well as the collection and application of user data.
- Digital monetization models and revenue generation
- Act as valued partner and liaison with internal teams such as editorial, marketing, sales, channel, IT and operations.
- Management and communication skills
- Serve as the senior technical resource for a small team of in-house project managers.
- Translate product and business goals into technical strategy and roadmap
- Close collaboration with partner technology teams such as Ad Tech platforms, Distribution partners, App developers, Lead-Gen, LMS etc.
Experience in leading Marketing initiatives for large enterprises with 12 to 15 years of experience
Knowledge of business processes supporting marketing automation
Experience with Digital advertising and revenue systems including header-bidding technologies, DFP, GPT, and native ad serving technologies.
Proven leadership experience, coaching, developing and engaging technology teams across various groups in a matrix organization
Proven ability to articulate and advocate a vision for marketing initiatives with stakeholders and internal development teams
Experience with managing multiple concurrent projects
Experience working with Globally distributed teams
Ability to see potential issues and requirements ahead of time, plan, and execute them
Expert at delivery and execution in an agile environment
Strong presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills – comfortable directing projects and taking on tasks within the SDL
High proficiency in planning, collaboration, communication, and reporting tools
7 years or more of relative work experience as a developer/technologist working with consumer facing web-based and marketing technology products.
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.