SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years—giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for analyzing, designing, coding and debugging firmware for the next generation of Client SSD products. The individual will be engaged in the embedded firmware development of System Firmware modules with emphasis on security protocols such as TCG Pyrite and Opal.
- Directs the activities related to the analysis, design, programming, debugging, troubleshooting, and modification of software for firmware (IC embedded code) applications.
- Oversees programming activities involving analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
- May have responsibility for the programming of assembly language, machine language and high level languages, including but not limited to C and C++.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- The successful applicant will be required to produce quality firmware within the constraints of the project schedule and deliveries. Firmware quality will be measured by metrics such as code coverage and magnitude of issues discovered after unit testing and code review.
- Must have proven experience with embedded firmware development for SoC designs with an emphasis on driver development and hardware bring up.
- The individual must have strong working knowledge of real-time OSs and various software and hardware development and debugging tools and techniques commonly used in such environments.
- Advanced coding skills in C and assembly language skills are also required.
- This position requires a BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS (MSEE, MSCE, MSCS preferred) with 8+ years of related experience, preferably in the storage industry.
- The individual must have detailed knowledge of RTOS and microprocessor architecture, and the individual must be comfortable working with hardware.
- Knowledge and expertise in assembly language coding is preferred.
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.