SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years—giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
At Western Digital we simplify personal storage through smart personal storage products that are powered by beautiful mobile applications. The ideal candidate is an energetic, innovative technical leader that doesn’t take no as an answer. Has an engineering background and is highly proficient in managing multidisciplinary projects from concept to mass production through cross functional teams. Motivated to learn new technologies in fast moving technology environment and excels in human relations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage multiple product developments simultaneously along the product lifecycle. From product definition and planning through production and release.
- The individual will be accountable to enforce Product Life Cycle process compliance by ensuring phase checklist compliance and coordinating phase gate reviews.
- Create and manage integrated project schedule, identify and manage risks, manages critical path, drives for the best possible milestone dates, escalating key issues and present options for resolution to the cross-functional executive teams.
- Drive execution through cross functional internal teams, 3rd party vendors and contract manufactures to hit aggressive specifications and timeline.
- Publishing weekly metrics on actual performance to commitments. Furthermore, the individual will drive high level strategic decision making thorough detailed analyses and material preparations.
- Manage budget and resource allocation.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Proficient with communication through power point presentation.
- Holding BE/BTech degree or equivalent with more than 10 years of related experience
- Past experience as an embedded systems or software engineer. Semiconductor background is preferred.
- PMP certification is must
- Past experience in managing Consumer Electronics and iOS/Android Mobile Applications Projects.
- The ideal candidate must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment. Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- The Ability to initiate and manage multiple projects simultaneously and interact with many different groups, levels of people, cross different geographically regions both internally and externally.
- The individual must have determination to dig into details including getting into contracting details and into labs to resolve complex issues and make possible happen.
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.