In this position, the individual will assume a leadership role in the Global Capital Equipment procurement organization and focus on TEST & Assembly platforms. S/he will be closely working with Global Engineering & factories on collaborating roadmaps, supplier selection, ROI, Supplier financial health, synergies etc. S/he will also focus on identifying, developing, and managing relationships with existing and potential suppliers of capital equipment and tooling to meet the established cost, quality, and delivery targets. S/he will negotiate pricing, commercial and supply agreements with suppliers, as well as collaborate with Engineering, Operations, and Quality to identify and drive cost reduction / avoidance activities. The individual must possess exceptional interpersonal / team building skills including ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on some multi-functional teams.
The individual also will be expected to drive change and respond to shifting priorities and business needs by identifying, developing, and promoting new technologies, methods and processes. The individual will present opportunities, analysis, observations and recommendations to management, after working with all stakeholders globally, to address all aspects of procurement management for capital, goods and services and requires domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
In this position, the individual will work with all stakeholders to address all aspects of procurement management for services, goods, including procurement support, supplier management, supply-base strategy, market trends assessment, pricing, etc.
· Drive improvements in key metrics (cost, quality, deliverables, cycle-time)
· Understand business service needs, request for quotation, negotiate pricing, commercial and supply agreements with suppliers.
· Lead quarterly negotiation with suppliers to achieve quarterly and yearly cost reduction.
· Drive execution of commercial agreements with suppliers.
· Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, create PO to support business operation smoothly.
· Coordinates procurement activities with manufacturing, quality, planning and engineering departments.
· Influence cross functional groups in driving supplier selection and strategy implementation
· Prepare and publish monthly & quarterly updates to executives
· Establish, implement, and administer system and process to evaluate, monitor, report and manage supplier performance and improvement (incl. QBR’s), supplier scorecards and Dashboards
· Monitor commodity market trends; effectively reflect market dynamic in terms of supply, cost, etc.
· · Requires domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
· Performs cost/should cost analysis for designated commodities.
· Develop and execute a supply-base strategy to meet the Company’s business growth and requirements.
· Identify, develop and manage relationships with existing and potential suppliers to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive cost reduction / avoidance activities for all related procurement services.
The ideal candidate will have a B.S. / B.A with 10-15 years of related experience in Capital/Direct/Indirect procurement. The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment with excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills. People management skills and experience in making cross-functional operational decisions are required. Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.