We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
In this position, the you will be responsible for implementing, debugging firmware for the next generation of Enterprise SSD Storage Products, as well as for algorithm design of modules and its implementation. Also add support for Customer Vendor Unique commands and unit level bench testing framework.
You will be a key contributor to the Storage firmware and play a significant role in delivering next generation Enterprise Storage Products to market. You will work with the firmware Architects, ASIC and flash media teams on a daily basis, and will design and implement the firmware algorithms needed to achieve best in class performance goals. You will also support legacy product line and help triage issues in the field and ideally offer solution:
- Directs the activities related to the analysis, design, programming, debugging, troubleshooting, and modification of software for firmware (IC embedded code) applications.
- Oversees programming activities involving analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
- May have responsibility for the programming of assembly language, machine language and high level languages, including but not limited to C and C++.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
· BS CS or EE required, MS preferred
· 5 years or more in embedded firmware development products desired
· 2 years in embedded firmware development on SSD/HDD products preferred
· Embedded C and assembly language experience required
· Experience with HW and new product bring up.
· Experience in FPGA development or ASIC bring up preferred.
· Experience working on Software Enclosure Services “SES” is highly desired.
· Understanding of deadlocks, memory management, Embedded Environment related System resource constraints understanding required.
· Must have strong problem solving skills; experience using logic and protocol analyzers is preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and deliver on schedule and to specification
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Experience with Microsoft development tools, ARM and distributed multi-processor architectures preferred