We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
Asia Pacific Finance Controller
In this position, the employee will act in primary finance support Asia Pacific business, excluding Japan. The position reports to the Global BU Controller, with support to the Sales Controller, as well as to APAC MDs. The finance controller must be able to successfully build relationships at all levels of the company, including on a cross functional basis with Sales Operations, Sales, Accounting, Pricing, IT, and Marketing.
- Accounting & Internal Controls - Guide and manage accounting policy across APAC Sales and Marketing together with all internal and external audit requirements; ensure effective internal controls are in place to ensure full compliance with SOX/GAAP and other applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Financial Reporting - Produce timely and accurate reporting and analysis on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis, inclusive of shipments, sell through, channel inventory and WOS, and backlog, highlighting key issues which may require correction. Work to innovate solutions relating to the integration of various ERP systems.
- Planning & Forecasting - Manage the process for accurate financial forecasting and budgeting for APAC Sales and Marketing including operational budgeting, market share analysis, sales reporting & analysis, monthly/quarterly/annual planning.
- Strategic planning – Work with Sales and the BU across the organization to identify business needs and drive to improve revenue/profitability. Help to set Commissions targets for each RSM within APAC, to manage to the overall APAC quarterly revenue targets.
- Reporting Improvements – Work both with corporate, IT, and other regions to produce more robust and automated reporting, including detailed reporting on Indirect Customer purchases.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in corporate finance, financial planning, or business planning
- Integrity is of utmost importance
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, in a diverse multi-national company; ability to mentor/train other members of the team
- Demonstrated partnering, relationship-building, influencing, and communication skills up and down the organizational structure
- Adaptability to take on ad hoc items which are not directly within the work scope, in an effort to support the sales team
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), with knowledge of financial systems and software with the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and techniques
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of US GAAP
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world's target data storage company and flash memory leader.
Posting Notes: [[country]] || [[mfield1]] ||[[custReqType]] ||[[filter3]] ||[[custInternType]] ||.||