The SSD Test Strategy and Architecture(TSA) for Validation organization is responsible for ensuring Western Digital’s Client SSD products meet the rigorous WD qualification standards, in addition to the requirements of our OEM customers with a ‘best-in-class’ quality. The Strategy and Architecture team owns the technical responsibility to understand client SSD technology in terms of storage standards, Test infrastructure, Test features and automation to conquer best validation architecture for client SSD product validation.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the designing, defining, and implementing complex system validation requirements for SSD products. This individual will be responsible to thoroughly understand Marketing requirements, Engineering Spec, Product feature documents product requirements, test strategy, PCIe/NVMe standards to perform proof of concept(POC), implement/simulate test flow to propose right architecture for the test coverage.
· Define test strategy for new products based on Marketing and OEM requirements, Engineering Spec, Product feature documents.
· Research and implement innovative ways to test/validate SATA and PCIe SSD’s.
· Work with cross-functional teams for POC and architecture discussions for validation infrastructure.
· Creating and maintaining technical and process documents.
· Develop device driver, critical framework, modules on top of Real time OS
· Work in peripherals like USB, PCIe interfaces for Infrastructure
· In-depth working knowledge of SATA, SAS/SCSI, or PCIe protocols is required.
· In-depth knowledge in NAND memory technology
· Experience in developing or testing complex high-performance storage systems (HDD or SSD).
· Flash memory testing experience is highly-desired.
· Expert knowledge of Quality Assurance practices and procedures.
· Strong experience with different Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, VMware, Mac).
· In-depth understanding of systems/hardware and software interaction.
· Scripting and/or programming languages, such as, C, C++, Python, Perl, Java is required.
· Ability to analyze complex problems and lead engineers/teams, as required, to root-cause and recommendation of corrective actions.
· Requires BS/BA degree or equivalent in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 8 or more years of related experience.
· The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic and functionally-structured organizational environment.
· Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people and in teams.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.