SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years—giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for following responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing , debugging firmware for the next generation of Enterprise SSDs
- HW Interface drivers, algorithm design and implementation
- Customer Vendor Unique commands , unit level bench testing
- Contribute to the SSD firmware and play a significant role in delivering next generation Enterprise SSDs to market
- Work with the firmware Architects, ASIC and flash media teams on a daily basis
- Design and implement firmware algorithms needed to achieve best in class performance goals
- Typically programs in high level languages (C)
- Reporting the status of the project execution on a regular basis to senior management
- Develop characterization and evaluation programs for new products
- Support failure analysis on test systems
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.