We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
We are looking for an experienced Windows Kernel Engineer for the Ecosystem Engineering team.
The one who has passion for innovation and the ability to translate an idea into a software and device implementation.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- To explore the cutting edge of new storage technology.
- Inventing and implementing new concepts in consumer SSDs.
- Engaging with partners and customers.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least 8 years of experience in Windows kernel and Intel host architectures
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Windows I/O, storage, and power management subsystems.
- Understanding of storage protocols, especially PCIe/NVMe
- Firmware development experience
- Experience in writing kernel drivers for Windows
- Knowledge of the UEFI development environment
- Linux kernel knowledge
- System architecture experience in the Windows host environment
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world's target data storage company and flash memory leader.