We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
This position requires an individual with profound Product Marketing experience, preferably in the storage, memory or IC technologies, and preferably catering to the Mobile market, Compute or Automotive.
Experience should include deep understanding of NAND flash storage technology and an ability to translate technical product features into customer / system / application benefits.
Candidate should have a proven track record of interacting with Engineers and Product Experts, and be a product / market expert in his/her field. Experience must include conducting detailed market / competition / application analysis, and a passion for the creation of superior product / technology positioning and marketing collateral.
Responsibilities include the following key efforts:
In this role, the individual will need to prioritize, organize and drive the analysis, development and creation of key product / technology selling points and supporting data, through the identification of customer, system, application needs and behavior, as well as WDC product / technology attributes.
This role supports major market segments including Mobile, Compute, Automotive, Connected Home and IoT.
This role has to work in concert with the Product Management and Engineering organizations to identify, define and develop key Product / Technology selling points through following, but not limited to, exercises:
- Technology benchmarks
- Application work load analysis
- System level understanding (power, performance, data management)
In addition, the individual in this role will need to gather competitive data through research and analysis, and derive insights which will lead to the creation of competitive data and positioning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- PMM and Sales Support
- Develop go-to market plans for Mobile and Compute segment, and help coordinate go-to market events, messaging and activities across all other major market segments including Auto, Connected Home and IoT.
- Work in concert with the PM and engineering organizations to own the product positioning, messaging, and developing marketing collaterals including presentations, whitepapers (can work with 3rd party contractor), and all other go-to-market materials for Mobile and Compute.
- Develop sales collateral, training materials, and presentations for customer and industry related activities.
- Act as advisor to the sales and be the key resource in interacting with engineering, product management, and marketing groups within SanDisk Inc. forecast production mix.
- Recommend pricing strategies by evaluating market conditions and sales channel inputs.
- Coordination within Organization to ensure product needs are intact and launched on time.
- Coordinate engineering and production resources and support field sales and applications to complete design wins.
- Drive and improve business processes to provide advanced visibility to custom product development and delivery schedule.
- Actively participate in the product roadmap process, understand and communicate the impact on customers of scheduled new product, feature and enhancement releases.
- Competitive Analysis & Trends
- Conduct on-going analysis of the competitive landscape including pricing, product offering, and market segmentation. Inform sales channels of competitive movements.
- Create and publish competitive alerts, briefs, and analysis on competing vendor’s product offerings
- This position requires an individual with a minimum of 8 years of Mobile and Compute/storage experience that includes deep understanding of the storage technology and can translate product technical features into customer benefits.
- Mandarin speaking and reading skills
- Fluent English. Mandarin is must.
- Education: Combination of MBA & technological degree
- Good knowledge of the mobile handset industry food chain. Ideally experience within a handset and tablet maker or wireless processor vendor.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in outbound marketing, BD or sales in Semiconductor or Mobile & Tablet industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Very independent, Self-Starter, results driven. Able to work remotely in a loosely defined environment
- Analytical and insightful – can identify strategic trends, while being able to dive into the technical details.
- Candidate should have a proven track record of interacting with engineers and Product Experts, to be the market expert for his/her products, then translate that into solid go to market marketing collaterals for the entire organization including SMMs and Sales.
- Experience in product positioning, conducting detailed market analysis, go to market planning, and marketing collateral development, is of critical importance.
Based in Milpitas, USA
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world's target data storage company and flash memory leader.
Posting Notes: [[country]] || [[mfield1]] ||[[custReqType]] ||[[filter3]] ||[[custInternType]] ||.||