We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
We are seeking an attorney with strong transactional experience to join us as Director and Senior Legal Counsel. You would help support Western Digital’s Corporate and Commercial Transactions team of lawyers working on strategic relationships that are integral to Western Digital’s Silicon Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide legal support on all aspects of key strategic relationships for Western Digital’s Silicon Division, including cross-border joint ventures, other collaborations and related financing transactions
- Lead and assist in drafting and negotiating complex agreements, including joint venture, collaboration, supply and financing agreements
- Execute financing transactions, including secured loan transactions and structured lease financings
- Manage corporate governance and administration for joint venture entities
- Counsel internal clients on rights, obligations and restrictions under existing agreements, dispute resolution and other legal risks
- Coordinate feedback and work with other business functions (operations, technology, finance, tax, communications, etc.) and other subject matter specialists in the legal team
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsel on an as-needed basis
- Support other members of the legal team and other business functions by serving as a subject matter specialist, including advising on related public disclosures
- Assist with developing policies and procedures related to the foregoing
- Some international travel might be required
- 4+ years of experience working on corporate transactions at a reputable law firm; additional in-house experience is a plus
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- Current member of at least one state bar in good standing
- Significant experience negotiating transactional agreements and managing key aspects of complex corporate transactions
- Ability to proactively identify, analyze and resolve issues and provide timely, concise and business-focused legal advice in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional drafting and presentation skills
- Proven team player with strong client service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Good sense of humor, positive attitude and ability to stay calm and collected under pressure
- Experience working with outside counsel and partners in foreign jurisdictions
- Japanese language proficiency is a plus
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.