The qualified individual will make significant contributions to the development of world-class solid state flash drives (SSD).
Duties and responsibilities include:
- As Member of the HW validation team should have knowledge of and perform duties associated formal Electrical Validation Testing (EVT).
- Working understanding of oscilloscopes and best-practice probing concerns/techniques, power supplies, electronic loads,
- Power Delivery Network (PDN) testing and analysis, VRM circuit understanding and functional characterization.
- Power-loss/Drive backup circuit understanding and testing.
- Knowledge of System communication bus (I2C, SPI, SMBus) protocols and to perform testing/characterization as part of EVT plans.
- Perform system level testing across VT corners. Host power cycling/loss testing and stressed overnight functional testing etc.
- HW Validation Plans creation and reports generation
- Develop validation test cases with automation in mind
- Supporting Failure Analysis
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as follows:
BSEE and 5+ years of experience; or an MSEE and 4+ years of experience.
Experience performing the following validation functions:
o Board bring-up and debug. Electrical Subsystem tests (Power-On, POR, PF, Power measurements, etc.)
o Measurements of IO levels.
o Operation Power measurements.
o Clock measurements.
o Memory and Flash Interface validation.
o Thermal analysis.
o I/O level characterization (4 Corner testing/TVS).
Knowledge of high-speed scopes, logic analyzers, current probes, power analyzer, PCie/SATA/SAS protocol exerciser/analyzer is a must.
Working experience with DDR1/2/3/SATA/SAS/PCIe interfaces & test equipment is preferred.
- Capable of working effectively in a cross functional team environment with FAE, Hardware, Software, and ASIC engineering teams on validation testing.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Mentor and train junior engineers and engineers in other disciplines.
- Exceptional problem solving skills to recommend validation strategies and find solutions.
Ability to read, write and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and emails in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, use of hands and fingers, lifting under 20 pounds, grasping, and fine hand manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Comfortable temperatures, mild noise, working in close proximity to others, and occasional confined spaces.