Staff Engineer, Manafacturing Equipment Engineering
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
- Evaluates, selects and orders equipment that is most appropriate and cost effective for the manufacture of company products.
- Oversees the installation, modification, upgrade and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Maintains current records on equipment manufacturers’ technical notices, upgrades and safety issues.
- Studies equipment performance and reliability.
- Establishes programs and solutions for increasing uptime and for equipment problems that affect the manufacturing process.
- Provides technical support to the manufacturing equipment repair and process engineering organizations.
- Defines and writes preventative maintenance schedules.
- Requires BS/BA degree or equivalent with 5 or more years of related experience.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.