SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years—giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
In this position, the individual will be working with as an independent contributor performing NAND modeling, or experience architecting algorithms for managing data retention, read disturbs, NAND trim values, or retries in SSDs.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for following responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing , debugging white box test scripts for the next generation of Enterprise SSDs
- Understand the firmware design and firmware code
- Work with the firmware Architects, and flash media management firmware development teams on a daily basis
- Design and implement libraries, test scripts, test code needed to achieve best in class performance goals
- Typically programs in high level languages (Python)
- Reporting the status of the project execution on a regular basis to management
- Support failure analysis on test systems
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.