Engineer, Packaging Engineering
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
Req ID: JR-9999035318
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for SMT equipment issue and able to troubleshoot the root cause & apply precise corrective action to the issue.
- Can handle machine conversion/setup independently for Solder Paste Printer/ SPI/ Chip shooter/ Reflow /Flux cleaning/ AOI.
- Can understand, perform SMT machine programming & stencil design.
- Define and develop process from SMT to Back End include Press Fit, Wave soldering and mechanical assembly.
- Able to read Garber data and define stencil design.
- Involved in yield improvement activities using statistic tools and drive yield meeting with internal and external team.
- Basic understanding of package level testing & reliability.
- Proficient in standard business application software, Tools & standard engineering method (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, JMP, SPC, DOE, DMAIC, 8D, 5-why etc.).
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical/Material/Electrical/Physics Engineering
- Accept flexible working time.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.