We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
Senior Payroll Accountant
(Accountant Level 3 – Milpitas CA, USA)
The Senior Payroll Accountant will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and will play a critical role in managing the Company’s US payroll accounts reconciliation and stock option and payroll tax accounting. This position will make key contributions by coordinating and analyzing information required for audit schedules and participates in monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting. The individual will work on a broad range of other accounting process improvement, general ledger and SOX compliance projects.
- Perform all payroll journal entries and reconcile to payroll registers on a monthly basis
- Prepare and prepare payroll & related accounts reconciliation in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles on a worldwide basis
- Review US payroll and ensure that outstanding reconciling items are cleared on a timely basis
- Research and provide guidance regarding payroll matters to management and payroll team and coordinate to ensure each situation is handled appropriately.
- Participate in pre-close and post-close analysis and provide meaningful insight to activity, trends, unusual and significant transactions.
- Prepare and establish formal monthly and quarterly flux analysis for compensation accounts
- Partner with various internal business units on payroll, stock and reporting related matters
- Manage equity accounting such as stock option exercises and ESPP conforming to ASC718/FAS123R
- Develop, enhance or update desktop procedure in conjunction with SOX process in various aspects of payroll accounting
- Be proactive in providing recommendations to accounting’s management regarding process improvements, improved productivity, service quality, increased internal controls and cost saving measures; and implement such approved measures
- Support accounting team in month-end / quarter-end close process
- Work with other subsidiaries payroll and accounting teams on audits
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Perform other related duties or ad hoc projects as assigned or directed
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum 6+ years of payroll and general ledger accounting experience, preferably in a global publicly-traded company, a must
- CPP designation is preferred
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- Proficiency in general payroll procedures, GAAP, General Ledger Accounting, federal, state, and local tax law and regulations.
- Thorough understanding of payroll systems and its capability such as ADP is preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and a good team player to solve problems and work with colleagues globally
- Proficiency with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control compliance
- Must be organized, efficient and able to meet tight deadlines
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong process improvement and problem solving skills
- Excellent quantitative, reasoning and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with global financial systems, SAP R12 System is preferred
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel.
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world's target data storage company and flash memory leader.
Posting Notes: [[country]] || [[mfield1]] ||[[custReqType]] ||[[filter3]] ||[[custInternType]] ||.||