The candidate will be responsible for the design and development of device software/firmware for SanDisk's flash memory storage devices. The device firmware manages the complexity of managing the storage media using data structures, algorithms and NAND programming sequences. The firmware design influences the performance, endurance, reliability and cost considerations and is very critical. Responsibilities include design and development of complex data /storage management algorithms, low level device management, scalable software architecture/design, unit tests to ensure correctness. The person will be expected to lead and provide technical guidance to the team.
- B.E in CS/EC
- Minimum 8 or more years of related experience.
- Excellent programming skills C, Data structures, Algorithms, Design Concepts
- Embedded software development in 'C'
- Low level firmware/software design, development, debug skills
- Capable of functioning in geographically distributed team environments
- Experience in firmware development for storage devices, hard drives, memory devices is a plus
- Experience with SAS/SATA/NVMe/PCIe highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of SSD firmware architecture highly desirable.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and ability to work well with people.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.