We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Director, Global Antitrust/Competition Law Compliance Counsel, will play a key role in developing a global antitrust/competition law compliance program at a complex global company. This will include assisting with risk assessments, revising policies, providing legal advice on distribution and other legal matters, training employees and performing ongoing antitrust/competition law risk monitoring. The Director will report to the Senior Director who leads the anti-corruption, antitrust and privacy programs globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the competition law compliance program globally. This will include conducting risk assessments, updating and revising policies and programs, providing online and in-person trainings, advising clients on legal matters in a complex global business and monitoring compliance throughout the company.
Specific duties include:
- Updating and implementing an antitrust/competition law compliance program for a complex global business, to ensure the company and each of its subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners complies fully with all applicable competition laws, regulations, orders and judgments;
- Designing, drafting and implementing policies and procedures tailored specifically to legal, business and compliance requirements
- Monitoring legal and regulatory changes that impact the company’s business across global jurisdictions
- Developing online and instructor-led training programs to ensure employees fully understand laws and risks associated with antitrust;
- Conducting in-person compliance training to a diverse audience at sites around the globe
- Working closely with business leaders and product teams to develop and implement antitrust risk mitigation strategies, practices and procedures
- Performing competition compliance risk assessments on a regular basis
- Performing compliance monitoring and assisting with internal investigations
- Providing legal advice and making recommendations to the Senior Director in the areas of competition law and compliance program best practices and standards
- Working cross-functionally to evaluate and recommend changes and solutions to improve policies, procedures, and internal controls based on risk assessments or other root causes of misconduct
- JD from a top university;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a lawyer at a top law firm and/or experience managing an in-house antitrust program
- Experience as a trainer on antitrust topics
- Excellent collaboration skills and demonstrated team player
- Experience working inside a global company is preferred, but not required
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration
- Integrity, professionalism and a keen understanding of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the work is a must
- Professional presence, excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and experience delivering crisp, clear executive presentations
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and manage multiple projects simultaneously, focus on critical priorities and apply appropriate judgment in escalating competing priorities and substantive issues for guidance
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce high quality work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment and sensitivity to and an understanding of cultural differences around the globe
- Ability to travel, including international travel, is required
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.