ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stays current with firmware development methodologies.
activities include design and implantation of data structures, software
algorithms, data path, drivers for HW cores and implementation of
storage interfaces like SAS, SATA to deliver cutting-edge storage
- Develops embedded firmware for disk drives.
- Firmware development is done primarily in C++ on multiple environments: FPGA, Simulator, Final product.
issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of
hardware and software platforms, including PC’s, servers, RAID, and
various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development and strives to meet company goals and objectives.
- Works with cross functional teams to develop disk drive products.
- Assists in finding root cause for disk drives that have failed for apparent firmware related issues.
- Participates in cross functional meetings to resolve development issues.
- Assists in developing and validating solutions for issues related to disk drive firmware.
- Documents findings of engineering analyses and investigations.
- Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
- ·BS with 7+ yrs experience or MS with 6+ yrs experience in CS, CE, EC or equivalent required
- Strong programming skills (C, C++ Java).
- Previous RTOS experience – advantage. (e.g. uCOS/ThreadX/MQX/VxWorks/Embedded Linux)
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems desired.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of bus analyzers, JTAG, emulators and other firmware debugging tools preferred
- Capable of developing system view for complex embedded systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies