At Upthere we are developing the next-generation of personal storage – your entire digital life in a single place that is always accessible and ready to share. As a member of our talented team, you will develop products that touch the lives of millions of people. Our engineers are proud of what they build and are passionate to tackle new problems as we push technology forward. At Upthere, we hire the best, operate with the freedom and innovation of a startup, and are backed by the resources, scale and stability of Western Digital – a Fortune 500 company.
We are looking for an experienced Android Engineer to join our Native Applications team. You will be building robust mobile applications in collaboration with other Native Apps developers, our backend engineers, and Product and Design. Are you passionate about best-in-class user experience on Android? Do you love a lively back-and-forth with Design? Eager to work with engineers across all platforms and the entire stack to deliver mind-blowing performance? Then this is the place for you.
You must be capable of building a complete application in Java, using native APIs to communicate with the server side. You should be comfortable at both the application model layer and the UI layer. You should be able to collaborate with Design to create the best UX, then implement to the resulting specifications. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Design and develop complex Android applications using the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) to build revolutionary cloud technology and work on our cutting edge product.
- Make technical contributions to our mobile platform and APIs.
- Collaborate with technical leaders across the entire stack on architecture and design.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams such as design, product management, backend, and QA.Qualifications:
- 3+ years using Java and the Android SDK
- Experience developing complex Android applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Cross-platform experience a plus
- Swift, C++, Objective-C, or Go experience a plus