Co-management of Capacity Planning models and databases development & analysis for Wafer FABEquipment resources planning to meet a dynamic business plan changes in product / technology mix and/or volumeDevelop & Implement new methodologies or systems for improved operating efficiencies in Capacity PlanningIdentification of efficiency losses via formal Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) proceduresIndustrial Engineering representation on the module team to continuous improve Wafer FAB work flow efficiency / layout and Production / Development cycle time & WIP TurnRepresentation of Western Digital in discussions with outside services, consultants, contractors, and suppliers, as needed, to support the above duties
- A four year degree in Industrial Engineering & Operation Research and eight years of related experience, or an advanced degree and six years of related experience, or equivalent industry experience and demonstrated successes.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills:
- The successful candidate must be able to write clear analyses, reports and summaries that are easily accessible and understandable by management and peers.
- The successful candidate must be able to orally present these analyses, reports and summaries at regularly scheduled and spontaneous meetings with peers and management.
- Expertise in development of Capacity & Move modeling for Wafer FAB.
- Expertise in APF & Microsoft Office programs, especially MS Excel, Access, & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and application of proper wafer fab protocol, procedures and process flows is a plus.
- Physical ability to wear wafer fab cleanroom garments and remain in cleanroom environment for extended periods of time, for purpose of performing floor studies to support the above duties.