DIRECTOR – GLOBAL MATERIALS PLANNING AND PURCHASING (HEAD AND MEDIA)
Location: Bang Pa In, Thailand
We’re looking for a dynamic DIRECTOR – GLOBAL MATERIALS PLANNING AND PURCHASING with a passion to innovate and help shape the future of data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and mentor a dynamic global team of purchasing professionals in multi sites.
- Responsible for all levels of direct purchasing activities to include but not limited to Demand/Supply Management, Supplier Quality, Purchase Order Management, Buyer Activity levels, System maintenance on vendor base, Inventory Control, Safety stock, VMI, Receipt Forecast Management, EOL/Documents management, ERM, Management reports, Deliver Compliances, SBR Support and Material Shortage elimination.
- Lead a Global enterprise purchasing organization to ensure Implementation of Strategy, Terms and Conditions Supplier selection/de-selection, Executive Materials Savings/Supply Allocation initiatives in line with Global Commodity Manager (GCM) strategy defined and overall business objectives throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Report to GCM and Sr. Management the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supply/supplier performance.
- Manages all activities that develop relationships with internal/external customers across all sites/levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering or equivalent business experience.
- 18 - 20 years progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing at the executing management level with extensive experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a large size organization.
- 6 - 8 years most recent experience related to HDD Media and Head industry.
- Good skill sets and understanding on managing multi sites activities across HDD Media/Head components and associated commodities.
- Solid track record meeting substantial Materials KPI with proven aggressiveness on job performance/efficiency.
- Strong team player with excellent EQ/IQ with minimum management supervision required.
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs, Oracle and SAP.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent report preparation, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with multi culture management skill set, high mobility on business travelling required with awareness of deadlines.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.