We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architect and develop software to scale machine learning, graph analytics, OLTP databases, and other big data use cases across a large number of compute notes.·
- Participate in the Mesos, Kafka, Spark, Yarn, and other open source communities and lead scale-out strategy for the CTO Group System Software team.
- Provide software design leadership and influence device and silicon design choices across the CTO Group as subject matter expert.
- BS or preferably MS in computer science or related field·
- 7+ years related experience
- Software development experience in multi-threading, parallel processing, containers, and virtualization.·
- Clear understanding of both RTOS and Linux Kernel and design constructs.
- Experience with x86, ARM, and Risc V.·
- Strong communication and documentation skills·
- Detail-oriented with emphasis on software best practices and improving such practices iteratively
- Specific Knowledge: Common open source solutions such as Spark, Yarn, Kafka, and Mesos, C++, CUDA, C, Python, Go, node.js, Java, C#, Threads, synchronization, NUMA architecture, microservice development, and Nvidia developer kitsLinux, RTOS, Docker, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, AWS tools including Lambda
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.