We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
At Western Digital we’re developing the next generation of smart storage products and services making all your digital stuff accessible, engaging and safe from anywhere and any device. As a member of our talented team, you will define, develop and launch products that touch the lives of hundreds of millions of people. In our division of Western Digital, we hire the best, operate with the freedom and innovation of a startup, and are backed by the resources, scale and market leadership of a Fortune 500 company.
We’re looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial consumer software Product Manager to help innovate and execute key product initiatives across the company. You will influence the product vision and build-out completely new capabilities into our products. You’ll analyze data, understand user behavior, identify trends, craft product strategies, define products, lead cross-functional programs, measure results and drive product implementation and rollout. This position is based in our Milpitas, CA office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define short to medium term strategy for evolving our smart storage products and services based on customer personas and usecases and identifying new areas of growth
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful features (e.g cloud connection, advanced search, autocontent creation, aggregation and security), including preparing the necessary technical specs, coordinating development activity and tracking progress of projects in process
- Work closely with marketing and customer service to deeply understand, analyze and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans and detailed specifications
- Process, review and interpret qualitative and quantitative data on competition, customers, usage / metrics to uncover new product insights and drive engagement
- Build cross functional relationships and manage complex, cross functional projects across multiple teams
- BS in computer science or another technical major
- 3+ years’ experience as a software Product Manager
- Consumer & mobile experience is critical; experience with photos and video a plus
- Launched multiple software products that have scaled to millions of users
- Deep understanding and empathy for users / user experience
- Experience working on platform SDK and with 3rd party developers a plus
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions; strategic, productminded thinker
- Proven ability to lead teams and work crossfunctionally in a highly collaborative environment; experience with scrum and Agile development methods is important
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance; comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- A passion for building great end user experiences that deliver value without complexity
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.