We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise internal business partners on requirements affecting all stages of a product's life cycle, including design, development, marketing, public relations, product launch and distribution, and related product regulatory concerns
- Review, draft and advise on advertising and marketing materials, including press releases, packaging, product launch collateral, sweepstakes, promotions, and other related items
- Prepare, review, and negotiate complex agreements including software licensing, co-marketing, strategic alliances, professional and hosted services, marketing technology products, and services contracts
- Maintain current understanding of best practices related to legal issues in product development and marketing for technology companies, including strong familiarity with intellectual property and privacy matters
- Prepare, draft and manage end-user license and terms of service agreements for a wide variety of software products and services
- Assist members of management identify and analyze business and commercial issues connected with legal matters, and identify potential legal issues related to business practices and policies
- J.D. degree from accredited law school; top 50 law school strongly preferred.
- Current member of the California Bar in good standing, or California Registered In-House Counsel in good standing
- At least 6 years’ experience practicing with national law firm or at least 6 years practicing with national or regional law firm and as an in-house attorney
- Has customer service orientation in working with internal partners
- Extensive knowledge of contract and tort law.
- Best in class skills drafting contracts or writing persuasively for a third party audience.
- Has expert written and oral presentation skills
- Makes effective and credible presentations to employees in Company’s business groups at all levels on legal issues facing such business groups
- Maintains confidentiality
- Presents credible image
- Conducts business ethically and legally. Models ethical business behavior and decision-making to co-workers and internal customers
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Develops/maintains good working relationships with internal partners and/or external contacts
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law