- Define the Data Stewardship program and manage
execution Establish and lead the Data Stewardship Council comprised of
business, functional and transformation leaders to deploy consistent standards
and stewardship processes.
- Mitigate operational risks and enforce the
remediation of identified data issues.
- Partner with Business Heads, Finance, Legal, IT
and Project Management Office to support business needs.
- Collaborate and partner with business leads to
integrate data stewardship capability in business process design and technology
- Build out the Data Stewardship function across
the organization by utilizing the Data Stewardship organization model.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the identification of business and
technical data stewards.
- Ensure business and technical data steward
alignment Data Stewardship awareness and communication.
- Build consensus around data usage and data
management best practices across the enterprise.
- Coordinate and communicate a common vision for
data as an asset.
- Drive enterprise data maturity through
automation and process improvements Implement processes for Data Stewardship
- Collaborate with Data Quality Manager to
develop material for Data Stewardship training.
- Define Data Stewardship metrics, track and
report Partner with the Data Quality Manager to support the creation,
collection and maintenance of key business data definitions; standards; rules;
lineage; data lifecycle; security; privacy; and process, organization, location
and application models.
- Work with Enterprise Data Management partners
to deliver on data standards by engaging in strategic project initiatives
across the organization.
- Model Western Digital Corporation’s values in
personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal
interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing
- Build constructive and cooperative working
- Build and capitalize on beneficial
relationships Use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to obstacles.
- Use multiple resources to gather and analyze
information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Motivational, inspirational and enthusiastic
approach to data stewardship.
- Effectively present information to influence
organizational leaders and key stakeholders.
- Exceptional ability to partner with senior
business and IT leaders to serve as a subject matter expert and liaison for
- Produce a variety of management reports for
- Analyze and synthesize data to form options and
- Collaborate with people at different levels
within the organization to accomplish a common goal.
- Clearly and confidently convey information to a
- Build long-term collaborative working relationships
with senior managers.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Information Management, Data
Governance, Computer Science or other related field.
- 10+ years relevant experience in data
management, data warehousing/business intelligence leadership roles.
Knowledge and Skills
- Successful track record of implementing
pragmatic, impactful data strategy, standards, and quality programs with
effective business adoption and analytic focus.
- Advanced knowledge of data
management/governance processes and tools with successful business application.
- Advanced ability to implement pragmatic data
stewardship with effective business adoption.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of
data governance principals and best practices Broad knowledge of engineering
industry operations preferred.