We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Capital Procurement Director will work with the various equipment and Eng. teams within R&D and Manufacturing to develop new sourcing strategies. The Capital Procurement organization is responsible for assessing, sourcing, and managing WD capital equipment suppliers, supporting WD’s substrate, HDD, Head, Media manufacturing operations globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute long term Capital Equipment Sourcing strategies aligned with WD’s vision.
- Develop and drive various commercial agreement with suppliers for long term win-win outcome
- Provide guidance to management of the strategic supplier relationship and will lead quarterly supplier reviews to include feedback on price, quality and delivery
- Develop the Global Semiconductor pricing forecasts and standard cost setting to include detailed analytics by technology and market.
- Work collaboratively with Equipment R&D engineers and capital procurement managers to develop and execute WD’s manufacturing equipment strategies
- Assess and select potential new equipment suppliers
- Project manage the introduction of new toolsets including spec development, manufacturing monitoring, tool delivery, and installation
- Enforce adherence to WD’s Supplier Management System
- Achieve cost, quality, and delivery goals and objectives for equipment & Tools
- Strive to achieve competitive sourcing among multiple qualified suppliers through development and execution of commodity strategies
- Develop and negotiate supply contracts
- Design and execute enhanced new product introduction business processes
- Manage supplier performance and capability development
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.