Technician 3, Manufacturing
Location: Seberang Perai Selatan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shift Technician for Manufacturing Engineering Backend Process covering the Mechanical Assembly Process/equipment, Label printing and placement, Visual Inspection, Boxing/Packaging and etc.
- Support Label and Packaging Engineer on the machine and THT label printer, to ensure minimal downtime.
- Monitoring the label printing quality at the label printing station to ensure zero printing issue escapee to Visual Inspection station or Final Quality Inspection station.
- Supporting Manufacturing Engineer on labeling and packaging Process during NPI build.
- Compile the shift report on backend process including the shift output, machine downtime, and issues, send to team by end of shift.
- Maintenance of backend machine, THT label printers, jig and fixture.
- Diploma in Engineering of Mechanical / Electro-Mechanical /Electrical Engineering or equivalents number of years of hands on experience and technological knowhow.
- Possesses knowledge in Backend/Mechanical Assembly Process technology know how.
- Familiar with label material and SSD agency certification requirement.
- Familiar with ISTA and paper material and usage.
- Familiar with 6-sigma / Lean concepts and methodologies.
- Good command in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Sense of right responses by being aware of urgency, demands.
- Make available – as priorities may change rapidly and provide right actions with right timings.
- A good degree of recognizing what need to be done BEFORE being asked what to do.
- Able to adapt to change of plans at last minute.
- Able to remain calm and clear-headed when dealing with complex situations, including managing diverse demands.
- Good analytical skills required when dealing with diverse complex situations, with accurate assessment of anticipated consequences.
- Ability to multitask effectively in time critical environment.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.