We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
In this position the individual will assume responsibility in the area of semiconductor process engineering. The candidate will take responsibility on working directly on new process modules, including materials research, and developing new process integrations schemes for 3D NAND memory technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary job function will focus on utilizing processing techniques such as Reactive Ion Etching (RIE), Chemical Dry Etching (CDE), Atomic Layer Etching (ALE), Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD), Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD), Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD/), Rapid Thermal Processing (RTP) and Oxidation to fabricate semiconductor memory devices.
- Process development will also include Research & Development on unique processes and materials.
- Collecting structural analysis such as SEMs/TEMs and analyzing many forms of process data from experimental splits using statistical analysis software and conducting process optimization using design of experiments (DOE) will be required.
- Interfacing with several engineering departments, including design, integration, and device will occur on a regular basis.
- Process development will be conducted through local fabs, vendors, and our fabrications facilities in Japan.
- Short-to-mid stay travel will also be required to our fabs in Yokkaichi, Japan.
- Responsibility will also include selection of new process equipment used in all areas of wafer fabrication.
- This is an experienced position seeking a candidate with either a Master’s Degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience, or a PhD degree with at least 3 year of relevant experience in the fields of Chemical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent engineering discipline with Semiconductor Fabrication background.
- Knowledge and experience with Metrology and Optical characterization techniques is desired.
- The individual should have good academic knowledge of fundamental device physics and processing that are used in the semiconductor industry (RIE, Lithography, Thin Films, Metrology etc.) so that they can solve process related issues.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment, be self-motivated and self-directed, and have demonstrated the ability to work well with people and have a strong track record in innovation.
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team is critical.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.