We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
We are looking for a full stack software engineer to join our Data Analytics Engineering team to focus on creating end to end customer specific analytics solutions. You will specialize in developing scalable backend systems that work seamlessly with analytical applications that will be used by WD's customers. You will provide expertise in integrating the various areas involved in building the product like scalable infrastructure, big data systems, UI design.
Strong Java experience for a minimum of 4 years of .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and architect End-to-End platform/system for customer analytical needs
- Integrate data pipelines, ETL, databases & web applications
- Interact with customers to understand their analytics needs & requirements for designing the product
- Own & maintain the build & release process including product specification and release documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years relevant work experience
- Experience building complex large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Proficient in programming languages (Java, Python, Go).
- Experience with Database Technologies (SQL/NoSQL) & Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive)
- Experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS and Azure
- Experience with UI design and web app development in general.
- Able to distill problem definitions and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Able to prioritize weighing customer, business and engineering needs, communicate clearly, and consistently deliver results
- Familiar with test-driven development (TDD), & service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
At the heart of data center storage, industry-leading HGST-branded enterprise hard drives (HDDs), solid state drives (SSDs), and storage software deliver the possibilities of data and high value from the information they possess. HGST, WD, SanDisk, and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world’s largest data storage company.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.