We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the technical team consisting of TAMs, FAEs and FQEs.
- Provides support leadership to customers in China on all products to achieve sales goals. Provides technical leadership for the entire technical account team and is the customer escalation point for both qualification and quality.
- Ensures proper interface of customer escalation to manufacturing, engineering and marketing.
- Focuses on both pre and post-sale support working with sales to maximize sales opportunities.
- Provides future road map and technology briefings for the customer.
- Manages customer priorities and provides support to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Solid leadership with excellence people management & communication skill, able to interact with all levels of employee and stakeholder, communicates and liaison with supervisor and sales team. Builds and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Mandarin and English oral and written skills are highly desired.
- Train and mentor the TAM, FAE and FQE team for continual improvement and the required tools.
- Quality and Sales Support:
- Serve as the WDC customer escalation point for product quality, reliability and qualification issues.
- Monitor customer communication for increasing failure trends or qualification delays, alerting CTS management for any out-of-goal conditions.
- Provide periodical reports to the customer in support of their initiatives and relate these back to CTS management so appropriate action may be taken
- Host periodical review meetings with the customer that may include both WDC senior executives and customer senior management.
- Monitor the customer quality metrics for both DPPM and Field AFR metrics. Drive the appropriate team enabling corrective actions and improvement plans for out-of-goal conditions.
- Work with customer and customer ODMs for both WDC continuous quality improvement plans as well as strategic roadmap alignment for new products.
- Monitor all product segment failure analysis activities to ensure that F/A turn-around time and 8D content meets customer expectations.
- Assist with monitoring and if required coordinating QBR scorecard improvements and responses, and ensure the appropriate customer technical teams follow up on resulting action items and improvement plans.
- BA/BS in related field
- Detailed knowledge of applications support, skilled in overseeing technical presentations, strong technical knowledge of company products.
- Has advanced HDD / SSD drive knowledge of both SATA and SAS. Ideally an understanding of NVME and PCIe as well as systems knowledge would be preferred.
At the heart of data center storage, industry-leading HGST-branded enterprise hard drives (HDDs), solid state drives (SSDs), and storage software deliver the possibilities of data and high value from the information they possess. HGST, WD, SanDisk, and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world’s largest data storage company.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.