When joining our Business Operations team within the Data Center Systems (DCS) Business Unit, you will play a key role in Pricing and Deal Desk. You will be responsible for successfully setting pricing strategies, and act as a deal desk first line approver for all the DCS products and services.
This position works very closely with product management, sales, and business operations to meet overall business unit objectives. We offer an excellent opportunity for a high-energy and results-oriented individual to be directly involved with delivering products to market and making significant contributions to Western Digital’s growth.
- Responsible for systems, platform, and services & support pricing.
- Pricing strategy: Work with product management, support team, and other business units to recommend pricing strategies that will drive market penetration. Present and gain approval from executive staff. Ensure pricing consistencies across different product lines.
- Competitive pricing: Work with product management to understand market landscape and competitive pricing structure and offerings. Create and maintain competitive pricing database and modeling tools. Articulate competitive pricing strategy and recommend course of action if needed.
- Deal desk: work with sales team to review and approve deals on a timely basis. Approve pricing request in systems on day to day basis.
- Any other pricing / structure and other analytics responsibilities as need.
Requirements and Experience
- 7+ years relevant experiences in pricing/finance; system industry and technical background preferred
- Detail oriented, hands on / can do attitude to solve issues
- Expert analytical and modeling skills are essential
- Ability to operate in a fast pace, sometimes chaotic environment, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously with limited management oversight
- Sound judgement and fast decision making ability
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to drive decisions
- Ability to balance long term strategic objectives and short term deliverables
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor Degree. MBA preferred.