Staff Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineering
Location: HGST Sarawak
Req. Id: JR-0000038098
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
Job Description Summary
- Business partnership with substrate VP, to drive overall substrate cost improvement and achieve financial KPIs, provide timely and actionable advice to management team.
- Department Supervision – supports and overseeing overall substrate MFG finance including both JO and SW, provide guidance and coaching to managers and professionals, ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the entire substrate team, guiding the talent identification and development processes
- Budgeting and expense control - overseeing the budget process, collecting the inputs, and comparing the company’s actual performance with estimates
- Approving requests to a certain level of authority
- Working across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals and interacting with senior management and other peers for reporting, strategy development and execution planning.
- Ensuring the integrity of fiscal data and modeling transparency and accountability
- Risk management - ensure that company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements, understand and mitigate key elements of company's risk profile
- Assist Malaysia Controller with the performance/management of a limited number of controls relating to site-specific accounting processes
- Others assigned by management team including but not limited to system projects
- Attend key internal Quality and Production meetings
- Administer & manage daily “health” of supplier/material
- Drive and manage incoming materials quality via Supplier Quality Management processes
- Issue SCAR and MSSO where required. Manage closure of these events. Recommend use of “affected” material with minimum impact to WD quality & reliability requirements; drive quality improvement of new parts
- Drive Continuous Improvement Program (CIP) at suppliers pertaining to Yield and Quality, Product Environment compliance & Contamination control (where applicable)
- Review and approve SPCN
- Weekly review of suppliers’ data. Initiate corrective action where necessary
- Perform Quality System & Process audit at supplier’s manufacturing site
- Present SQR and summary of accomplishment and opportunities at supplier SPR. Drive closure of open actions
- Regular meeting/conference call with suppliers as required
· Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering field.
Preferred & Skill:
· Preferably 5 - 7 years of working experience in related experiences.
· Minimum 2 years of working experience in manufacturing environment
· Strong communication.
· Good in Microsoft Excel.
· Good time management, leadership skills and presentation skills.
Western Digital Corporation is the world's largest storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solution. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solution are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.