We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support our growing business here at Western Digital. As an Executive Assistant, you will support our VP of Strategy and Operations, and two Directors by managing calendars, making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports for the executives and their departments, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Prepares purchase orders and check requests. May at times order office supplies. Operates automated office equipment. Acts as an information source on organizational policies and procedures and navigating with other departments to get their work done. Establishes and maintains excellent relationships within WD – especially in coordination with Executive Team assistants and other key parties that Vice President interacts with. Will coordinate special projects and department activities.
- Supports VP level executive, two directors and their departments.
- Work on special projects, interacting with high-level contacts internally or externally.
- Arrange conference calls regularly, usually with multiple parties in multiple time zones.
- File, schedule appointments and manage calendar for leaders, make travel arrangements and order office supplies.
- Prepare purchase orders, check requests, expense reports, travel authorization requests and sort mail as needed.
- Provide information on organization policies and procedures. Under the direction of manager, prepare departmental organization charts.
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Arrange catering for meetings as directed. In advance of group meetings, ensure meeting room is properly equipped and materials are prepared.
- Use organization and planning abilities to maintain a dynamic and changing set of priorities.
- Research, compile and proof complex word processing assignments including letters, reports, graphs and presentations using document, spreadsheet and graphics/PowerPoint software.
- Operate with enthusiasm and flexibility in a fast-paced and dynamic organization. Partner well with others by forging strong relationships.
- Ensure work space, equipment and supplies are in order for staff including new hires.
- Other duties as required as needed given WD’s dynamic business environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in an Executive support role
- Experience managing multiple calendars
- Ability to anticipate needs as well as foresee and prevent problems by taking action.
- Professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- High degree of confidentiality required
- Proactive and organized with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills
- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated to work in a fast-pace environment and ability to prioritize proactively, with a sense of urgency
- History of creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to work well collaboratively and under pressure
- Strong proficiency in MS office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Understands and communicates Chinese a bonus