This job posting is no longer active
- Proficient at design of experiments and working knowledge of statistics.
- Aligns systems for results and institutionalize them to endure over time
- Embraces transparent communications, and timely flow of information, ideas and solutions
- Understands schedule objectives and works with the team to align tasks/resources to achieve.
- Influences direction, decisions, outcomes to various levels of technical staff and management.
- Uses planning and prioritization processes to align team and resources towards key objectives.
- Makes decisions that avoid critical delays in schedules.
- Acts responsively to balance customer requests with established priorities.
- Provide direction and controls through functional team leaders/managers.
- Provides input into organization's technical direction.
- Apply principles of advanced math skills required to support the function of the group
Communication (language) Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Speaks, reads, and writes effective English.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets documents such as technical reports, instructions, & procedures
- Convey information clearly and concisely to ensure audience understands the information and message. Selects appropriate method of communication for the audience.
- Organize and communicate information clearly and without misinterpretation.
- Writes technical reports/documentation, department procedures and business correspondence with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and structure.
- Possesses the ability to communicate conflicting ideas or challenges in a business-like manner and influence the position of others in sensitive situations without damage to the relationship.
- Bachelors + 10 or more yrs. related experience, or Masters + 8 or more yrs. related experience, or PhD + 6 or more yrs. related experience
- 5+ years managing employees (or as technical lead)
- 10 – 15 years in an engineering product development environment
- Ability to work independently and as team member or leader across multiple projects
- Data analysis skills
- Experience in hard-drive storage devices or related industry is a benefit
- Experience with SAS/SATA bus interface protocols is a benefit
- Experience with Microsoft* Office* tool suite is required
- Ability to travel (~15%)