You will function as part of the Western Digital Data Center Systems BU Service & Support Organization (DCS S&S) and be responsible for the development, creation, reporting, distribution, and interpretation of all service and support business metrics, customer reports, and KPI’s. You will be responsible for engagement with all systems and processes that relate to the services and support team’s use of SFDC, Jira, and SAP leading to the development of comprehensive S&S metrics and KPI’s.
You will also be responsible for related support operations program management leading mostly metrics related S&S initiatives working closely with the S&S and program management teams to drive projects to completion, manage timeframes, actions, and ultimate deliverables. This involves working with IT and S&S business partners to scope and document metric and KPI requirements and driving these to enablement. This position requires previous experience working within a Support Operation and/or Professional Service environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop, create, and maintain all DCS S&S business, operations, and product quality metrics and KPI’s
- Assist in the identification, deployment, and continuous improvement of best practice metrics and KPI’s
- Produce, publish, and maintain up-to-date DCS S&S business, operations, and product quality metrics reports and KPI dashboard for consumption by DCS support, engineering, product management, and sales management
- Utilize an analytical thought process to analyze multiple data sources and aggregate the findings
- Partner with Service Account Managers to develop and produce customer facing and specific reports that detail a customer’s support interaction along with reports on Active Scale product utilization within their environment
- Gather statistical information from various sources and generate intelligence out of the data such that the DCS S&S management team can fully understand how the support and services operation is performing and identify product quality issues that need to be addressed
- Utilize an understanding of the support and services business along with engineering defect tracking systems to extract data from SFDC, Jira, and SAP to generate various reports and metrics.
- Apply expert knowledge and understanding of interdependencies between support, services, and engineering operations to provide analysis of the resulting reports and recommend corrective actions
- Create ad-hoc reports using expert knowledge in MS Excel, Excel macros, and pivot tables
- Participate as a representative for DCS S&S into IT by coordination and project management of S&S systems enhancements and changes that lead to enhanced metrics gather and reporting
- Active involvement in scoping and documenting S&S business requirements as they relate to S&S systems systemic enhancements
- Creation of comprehensive and accurate project plans, milestones, deliverables, interdependencies and detailed timelines managing several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- May take on responsibility for projects that relate to operational enhancements or process improvements
- Work with cross functional teams using strong analytical, process, and influencing skills