We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Principal Engineer, Reliability Engineer position is responsible developing and executing environmental and parametric tests to validate the design of solid state devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and execute reliability tests for design verification of enterprise solid state products.
- Design, develop, enhance and deploy characterization tests and methodologies (test hardware and software).
- Develop test scripts, codes and design platform test solutions for test coverages. Track, review, and approve code changes.
- Support all required reliability tests (environmental, parametric, mechanical)
- Automate test and data collection for easy report generation and data analysis
- Write test plan, support resolution of product issues and track issues in JIRA with timely updates.
- Work closely with cross-functional engineering teams (design, process, etc.) across all geographies to drive root cause and corrective actions
- Communicate status of the progress of the projects and issues thru meeting/webex in different time zones like in Marlborough or Malaysia.
- Collaborate with Firmware QA, Firmware Engineering, Memory System, Hardware group to ensure test coverage and issue resolution
- Mentor and train junior engineers and technicians.
- Generate test reports for both internal and external customers.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to deep dive into technical subjects where the candidate may have had little or no prior experience
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and decision making ability based on data
- Experience in reliability test development and execution
- Practical experience and knowledge of one or more of the following programing/script languages and OS:
- C++/C, Perl, Python and Corel is a plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Results oriented and schedule driven.
- Able to work flexible schedule to adjust for peak work cycles
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Knowledge in usage of lab equipment like chambers, bus analyzers, oscilloscopes, wave generators, digital multi-meters, etc.
- Knowledge in device driver is a plus
- Knowledge in solid state storage device
- Knowledge in SATA, SAS, NVMe protocols
- Fluent in Office tools like Word, Power Point and Excel
- Team player
This position requires a MS degree or higher with 5+ years or Ph.D. with 2+ years of experience in test development experience. The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment. Ideal candidates must have excellent planning and problem solving abilities.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.