Tegile is looking for a Kernel hacker with User space experience who is interested in joining a fast
growing company building next-generation storage, you will be part of a talented group of engineers in a very open and transparent environment.
• Our product is based on a very highly customized version of ZFS, we have solved the challenges of deduplication and made great strides in caching algorithms making them effective and our product standout
• Our appliance plugs into various storage ecosystems given the plugins we have developed
• We have a feature-rich solution that solves most data storage requirements
Our Ideal candidate would be someone who
• Has strong C programming background ( C++ a plus )
• Experience developing, modifying building Unix/Linux kernel ( Solaris or illumos a big plus )
• Experience working with various Storage protocols and networking background: TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, ISCSI, SAS, SATA, SCSI, etc.
• ZFS experience would be a major plus
• SMB experience would be a major plus
• Experience with clustering solutions
• Passion for building scalable and high-performance Filesystem
• Experience in Shell and Perl scripting
• Willing to work night shift in India to align with US working hours is a MAJOR plus.
We understand that you may not have all the required qualities or have necessarily dealt with the challenges we have; however, we would like to hire a great engineer who likes solving problems and delivering a strong data storage solution for our customers.
What you will be doing
• You will contribute to the development of high-performance storage system with deduplication, compression, replication and snapshots
• You will assist with performance analysis and use the outcome of the same to deliver code that makes our Storage system the best
• Help design and develop tools for detection and analysis of stability issues
• Help design and build a proactive response ecosystem for our storage appliance that will help us respond better to situations before they become a problem
• Help with crash analysis of critical field issues and provide fixes for the same
• Building toolkits for Customer Solutions team, tools that help during POC, deployment and ongoing health checks.