Tegile Systems®, a Western Digital brand, has been at the forefront of the flash storage revolution since 2012. With its award winning IntelliFlash™ architecture, Tegile has pioneered a comprehensive storage platform that delivers storage at the speed of flash memory for enterprise data center applications. Tegile is part of the Western Digital DCS (Data Center Systems) group responsible for the Tegile range of storage appliances. Our engineering teams are in Newark CA, Cambridge UK and Bangalore, India.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer who wants to contribute their writing talent, creativity, problem-solving skills and commitment to quality as part of an experienced writing team (NetApp, Cisco, VMware) for enterprise storage products. You will be working in a high-integrity and humane environment with teams that use their talent and skills to contribute to the company’s success.
You will be responsible for creating documentation using DITA methodology and tools for enterprise storage products. Product documentation includes User Guides, Release Notes, Hardware Guides, Installation and Configuration Guides, Online Help, API References and other technical documents.
- Excellent English language, technical writing and proofreading/editing skills
- Proven competence (2-3 years) creating DITA topic-based content using XML authoring tools and content management system
- Proven competence (3-4 years) documenting products for storage or a related domain (networking, virtualization, databases, cloud)
- Experience creating software and/or hardware documentation from scratch (1-2 years)
- Ability to understand highly technical information and explain difficult concepts in a way that is easy to understand
- Ability to research information, work hands-on and independently
- Experience reviewing user interfaces
- Experience creating standard technical publications from scratch
- Excellent team collaboration, communication and project management skills
- Motivated, self-driven, and willing to take up challenges
- Experience working in product companies and startup environments
- Experience creating context sensitive help in DITA environments
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting DITA authoring and publication tools, including DITA-OT plugins, CCMS (easyDITA), and OxygenXML
- Experience working with DTDs, XML, XSLT, DITA-OT, HTML, CSS