We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital's Client Solutions group is responsible for WD’s consumer software, services, digital media and storage solutions, including the award-winning My Cloud devices. Our Milpitas, California-based team is developing the application software and services that drives these solutions, enabling users to see and share their music, pictures, videos, and documents anywhere and anytime. Whether your screen is a mobile phone, tablet, television, or computer, it’s easy to enjoy the content in your WD personal cloud. To continue delivering on our vision, we are looking for an enthusiastic Quality Engineer to join our Software QA team with a focus on ecosystem end to end testing!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will work closely with developers and product owners to understand features and implement robust, comprehensive test plans to verify end to end functionality of our ecosystem. This includes the end user experience from product setup, testing localization and other mobile/web/desktop clients, features and testing in endless conditions the customers may encounter. We are looking for well-rounded candidates with strong technical skills, solid analytical skills, an enthusiasm for taking ownership of features, drive the overall localization effort from QA with help of outsourced resources at the 3rd party vendor, a strong commitment to quality, and the ability to work closely and communicate effectively with development and other teams. You should take a customer first approach and strive to always improve test coverage.
- Bachelor's/Master degree in Computer Science/Engineering, MIS or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in QA and/or test automation
- Proficiency in one or more of the following is required:
- Experience with testing and driving localization for range of the products.
- Experience testing web based applications, mobile apps (iOS/Android) and/or devices
- Have some knowledge of wireless technologies (Wi-Fi and mobile network behavior)
- Understanding of Internet browser technologies, including security considerations, client/server interaction
- Prior experience testing consumer devices
- Experience working with partner teams in different time zones
- Has the curiosity to understand technology and how things work
- Experience with the following is required:
- Ability to understand all components in an ecosystem and plan test cases/strategy around it
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot complex software issues and configuration problems in heterogeneous environments
- Strong analytical, documentation, test reporting and communication skills
- Debug, conduct root cause analysis, diagnose defects and provide detailed input to development
- Experience with Sumologic analytic tool or any other analytic tool to grab all detailed logs.
- Design and develop tests scenarios covering functional features, stress/stability, performance, integration, and end-to-end experience
- Experience with client side performance testing tool for performance testing
- Hybrid tester - experience with both manual and/or automated testing (or scripts)
- Interested in dissecting big data to further improve test plans, test cases and uncover new problems and areas of test.
- Curious, excited to find new ways to break the product and extract as many bugs as possible,
- High energy, self-motivated, with a collaborative, team-playing attitude
- Ability to discern priority of issues and tasks to drive quality and signoff on quality
- Should be able to build technical expertise by working very closely with engineers.
- High attention to detail, with a commitment to producing high-quality products
- Ability to take ownership of a component to drive quality and efficiency of our systems
- Experience in participating in testing activities throughout the entire SDLC
- Experience in owning and driving feature/component
- Self-driven and has good sense of QA approach/direction
- Work closely with product owners, development, program management to drive QA schedules, tasks, and release activities
- Solid experience defining, implementing tests
- Excellent knowledge of the QA process and methodologies
- Experience in leading and mentoring team members – setting processes and guidelines in place.
- Ability to drive QA programs and signoff with high quality bar
- The following skills would be a plus
- Proficient in testing localized and internationalized products
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, JIRA, and Zephyr plus
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.