We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is an experienced position in a firmware development team to develop base drive code for next-generation SSD storage products. The work will focus on the NAND management of the SSD design. The candidate is expected to own an assigned area of code with responsibility for the design, implementation, bench-level verification, support, and documentation of new firmware, using a structured code development process.
Successful applicant is expected to perform algorithm design, document designs. Implement and maintain media management code for NAND based embedded systems. Perform failure analysis and bug fixing on NAND based embedded systems. Provide leadership and support for junior engineers, and provide support for other groups such as the validation group and the systems group.
The candidate is expected to be Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people. A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
· PhD/MS/BSEE, PhD/MS/BSCE, or PhD/MS/BSCS with 10-15 years of experience in complex firmware projects
· Software development background proficient in C/C++ with an emphasis on, or experience in, real time embedded environments
· Strong knowledge of structured code development methods and debug techniques
· NAND Development technologies and methodologies
· Knowledge of and experience using typical lab equipment such as bus analyzers, and in line firmware debug tools is required
· Ability to solve problems as part of multi-site organization and cross functional team
· Ability to provide accurate and timely scheduling and resource information to team leads and managers, and meet scheduled commitments
· Direct Experience working with NAND flash devices
· Experience with Error Correcting Code (ECC) such as BCH or LDPC
· Programming of microprocessor firmware for control of advanced hardware interfaces.
· Experience with JTAG debugging
· Use of oscilloscopes and logic analyzers for analysis of complex digital waveforms.
· PCIe experience including Interrupts and DMA
· Storage Protocols (SAS, SATA, NVMe) are a plus.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law