We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Memory Technology Group is at the core of the Legacy SanDisk Engineering Organization which Western Digital owns. We are building a cutting edge 3D memory in our multiple billion dollars Fab. Our memory provides performance, power, and endurance at a lower cost but on quality. The Memory Technology organization is a strategic entity for the company, and we are growing. Our group functions as a start-up within WDC, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of WDC innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Designers to lead and deliver projects for our Memory Design team as well as talented and highly motivation junior engineers. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who knows how to work with non-volatile memory world-class engineers and who has a great track record for delivering innovative results.
You will need to think creatively about the memory as we do take pride in our craftsmanship. We do work together with all engineering teams to identify and execute on the most disciplined way. Your success will be measured by your ability to build great designs that deliver innovation that unlock revenue opportunities for the company.
Join the Memory Technology Design Team and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative and focused team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position the candidate will be responsible for signal integrity, Power delivery & EMI analysis for both internal & external customers on package and board level designs and provide direction to package design, I/O architecture and design. Candidate will be responsible for
· Electrical and Physical design of NAND Flash memory systems
· Electrical extraction and validation of PKG/Board design parameters
· Guiding packaging team, IO designers and customers to optimize design
· SI modeling, simulation, and characterization high speed interfaces
· EMI analysis, determine the source of EMI and design recommendations for improvement.
· Evaluation of the impact of channel loss, reflection, crosstalk, and supply noise on overall system performance
· Requires MS in EE or equivalent with 3+ years of experience as HW/SI engineer
· The ideal candidate should have experience in the actual product package/board design and analysis, SI/PI methodology development, EMI Simulation and lab correlation/validation of the simulation results.
· Hands on experience with Spice and 3D/2D EM simulation tools. (Hspice, PowerSi, 3DFEM, Nimbic, HFSS, ADS is an advantage).
· Providing layout recommendations for complicated package designs.
· Familiar with IO architecture and design.
· Familiar with DDR interface definitions.
· Individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
· Self-motivated, self-directed, and a team player (on the same team and outside of the team).
· Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.