As a Customer Support Engineer, you will provide support for customer trials and production environments. You will troubleshoot Tegile's storage solution in a customer's environment to assist with problem isolation and resolution through the use of technical expertise and knowledge base. You may also be troubleshooting the customer’s environment, as it impacts the array and storage operations.
- Receive, analyze and resolve customer support requests with customers using expert troubleshooting methodology and technique
- Communicate with customers proactively and effectively regarding all issues; create strong problem statements, gain customer agreement including operational impacts, and drive total customer satisfaction with problem resolution and product.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledge base articles to capture new learnings for re-use by other folks internal and external to the company.
- Develop and conduct technical training to other Tegile, customer, or partner employees. These may be delivered via formal training, brown bags, webinars, or on-line sessions.
- Analyze customer calls to identify product problems in the field and recommend strategies.
- Participate in product testing to assist in the new product release process.
- Exceptional communication skills required – no exceptions. Must be able to deal with highly technical and non-technical customers with equal grace, using both verbal and written communication skills. Confidence balanced with empathy when dealing with difficult situations or conflict also expected.
- The qualified candidate will have experience in sizing, performance analysis, and troubleshooting of data storage systems, appliance experience is a plus.
- A strong understanding of complex concepts related to SAN and NAS storage, Operating systems (Unix and Windows), CPU/memory architectures and Disk/RAID systems.
- The ability to diagnose complex problems and deliver analyses of root causes across a stack of complex applications, OS, Network switching and storage elements.
- Must have experience providing technical support on SAN and NAS products
- Working knowledge of popular hypervisors such as VMware, Xen and Hyper-V highly desirable
- Expertise in VMware, Microsoft products, ZFS, Citrix, and/or Cisco, UCS preferred
Education And Experience
- A Bachelor’s or a Masters Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience, 4+ years of relevant industry experience.